The Korg EK-50 Entertainer Keyboard is here to help you realise your true creative potential. From beginners to professionals, the EK-50 is incredibly versatile. It offers something for everyone, regardless of experience. The Korg EK-50 Entertainer comes equipped with “Styles” – a revolutionary automatic accompaniment system. This enables you to create the greatest accompaniments, either by playing chords or with a single finger on your left hand. As the accompaniment progresses you’ll be able to improvise a melody with your right hand. This is excellent for coming up with quick ideas on-the-fly, as well as enhancing your musical ability. All with a “band” who can follow your every move!
The EK-50 Entertainer isn’t superficial. Its on-board styles cover well over 280 musical genres and sub-genres, from all across the world. Each has four different variations to support your playing ability, ranging from simple, to complex. You can also add intros and outros which can be engaged by switching these buttons in time with your performance. Just when you think it can’t get any better there’s also STS! Single Touch Select is a feature that intelligently switches styles. It caters and adapts to the mood of the music so you can maintain your focus on enhancing, composing, and performing. Go where the music takes you.
You’ll have any sound for any event with the EK-50 Entertainer. It features well over 700 sampled instruments that sound and play just like the real thing. From drums to strings, to brass, and choirs. Korg have painstakingly modelled each instrument down to the last nuance to give its customers the very best sounds available on the market. These presets will sound just as convincing in-the-studio as they do on-stage.
When performing live you’ll be able to undertake the role of multiple musicians with minimal effort required. Split function allows you to split your keyboard into two parts and play two different sounds simultaneously. This is excellent for those who wish to recreate the dense sound of their studio recordings in a live environment. You’ll be able to program electronic elements and bass, or even string and brass arrangements together. Create awe-inspiring performances with the Korg EK-50 Entertainer Keyboard.
Another feature that sets the EK-50 Entertainer apart from its peers is the ability to play along to your favourite songs via Song Mode. Simply insert a USB stick containing them into the keyboard and you’re good to go. This is an excellent way to learn, as well as develop your “feel” as a musician by playing with other human musicians. The keyboard also supports Standard MIDI File format and features a real variety of internal demo songs. Broaden your musical horizons today.
The portable nature of the EK-50 Entertainer and its in-built speakers enable you to set up and play wherever you like, without compromise. If you want to go away on a weekend writers retreat or busk then this is the ultimate tool to accompany you. The keyboard can be powered via the AC adapter which comes included or with a pair of AA batteries. It’s completely hassle-free!
The 61-note keybed features full-sized keys, providing fluid playability. The keybed is ideal for both beginner keyboard players and skilled piano players making the transition to the digital world. The rear of the keyboard includes an input jack which allows you to connect an external device such as a smartphone or MP3 player.
- Keyboard: 61 keys (velocity sensitive) with three settings for touch control
- Sound Generator: Stereo PCM sound generator
- Maximum Polyphony: 64 voices
- Sounds: Over 702 sounds, 41 drum kits (including GM compatible sound sets)
- Keyboard Sets: more than 170 sets
- Effects: 34 types (148 variations)
- Styles: More than 280 presets
- Music Styles: 64 styles
- Demo Songs: 18 songs
- Audio Player: MP3, WAV (44.1 kHz)
- Scales: 11 types
- Metronome: Tempo, beat, volume
- Tempo: 30 – 240
- Key Transpose: C (-12) to C (0) to C (+12)
- Tuning: 427.5–452.9 Hz
- Foot Controller Jack: 6.3 mm (1/4″) phone jack
- Audio Input Jack: 3.5 (1/8″) mm stereo mini-phone jack
- Output L/ Mono, R jacks: 6.3 mm (1/4″) phone jack (unbalanced)
- Headphones Jack: 3.5 mm (1/8″) stereo mini-phone jack
- USB A Port: TO DEVICE port for connecting USB flash memory and controllers
- USB B Port: TO HOST port for connecting personal computers
- MIDI: USB MIDI
- Display: Custom LCD with backlighting
- Power Supply: AC adapter (included) or AA batteries (alkaline dry cells or nickel-metal hydride batteries) × 8 (sold separately)
- Battery Life: When using alkaline dry cells: approx. 5 hours
- Power Consumption: 8 W (0.1 W on standby)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 994 mm × 392 mm × 132 mm/39.13″ × 15.43″ × 5.20″ (not including sheet music stand)
- Weight: 7.5 kg/16.53 lbs. (not including sheet music stand or batteries)
- Included Items: AC adapter, sheet music stand