UK Music Industry Association Award Winner!
Along with the Horn alto, the Trevor James Classic tenor was originally designed and conceived in 1993, with the aim of manufacturing a new range of saxes to fit into the distinctive, reasonably priced student saxophone category without compromising quality. Both the alto and tenor Horns we launched at Musikmesse Frankfurt in 1994, and quickly became popular around World with their ease of sound production, excellent build quality and an affordable price tag.
Understanding the importance of the updated Trevor James ‘Horn’ Classic models staying faithful to the design objectives of the original Horn (1993) was important to us. Combine this with new advances in crook design and it demonstrates perfectly, that with dedicated research and design, quality is affordable!
- Free blowing
- Updated crook design
- High F#
- High quality Italian pads with metal reflectors
- High quality TJ mouthpiece
- High quality neck strap
- Ligature and cap
- Lightweight contoured carry case with backpack straps
- Ideal for the new player
- Gold lacquer body and mechanism.
How does it Feel & Sound?
- Excellent build quality for a comfortable and responsive playing experience.
- Features a larger bore size that doesn’t demand an overly taxing embouchure. A great feeling instrument for early stage players.
- A high-quality mouthpiece aids airflow through this horn for a very free blowing instrument that players can expect easy sound production from.
- Features high-quality Pisoni pads with metal reflectors for a reliable seal that delivers excellent note intonation.
- A warm and smooth tonal character that handles a range of playing styles well.
High Quality Parts
On this instrument, high quality Pisoni Pads are attached on to the metal reflectors. The Pisoni pads are a world known manufacturer of premium quality pads for many instruments, offering a great seal around the tone holes and have good waterproof technology. The metal reflectors on the saxophone help give the instrument its rich and resonant tone, especially good for beginners who have small lungs.
Easy Blowing Design
The TJ Classic II saxophone has been designed in order to create a free blowing instrument that beginners can play very easily. This has been done with an updated crook design and through a slightly larger bore size, enabling the air to flow through the main body of the instrument easier than most traditional saxophones.
Student Saxophone with No Compromises
The Classic II saxophone was launched in 1993 to produce a well-priced instrument for students and still keeping a top quality instrument design and manufacture. Even still, the newest design of this saxophone sticks to that philosophy, with dedicated research and great specifications
Everything You Need
This saxophone doesn’t just come on its own. Included with this instrument are a number of accessories to enable the performer to get going straight away. The package includes a Bari/Trevor James collaboration mouthpiece joined with a ligature and Vandoren Reed, to enable the player to get playing as soon as it arrives. The saxophone also has its own lightweight moulded case to enable easy transport to rehearsals and lessons using the two shoulder straps.
- Body Material: Brass
- Body Finish: Gold Lacquer
- Pads: Pisoni Pads with Metal Reflectors
- Note Range: Low Bb to High F#
- Touch Pieces: Mother Of Pearl
- Key: Bb
- Case: Lightweight Moulded Case with Shoulder Straps
- Mouthpiece:Bari/TJ Mouthpiece with Ligature
- Reed: Vandoren Reed Included
For more information on the full range of Trevor James Tenor Saxophones, please click & view the PDF below:
Trevor James Classic II Horn Saxophones