This Pre-Owned Yamaha YCL-CSGIIIH custom clarinet is a combination of craftsmanship and technology utilising the most advanced techniques. It offers a clear warm tone, suitable for any professional.
The Yamaha YCL-CSGIIIH is the same clarinet as the YCL-CSGIII, but with “Hamilton” gold plated keys. Hamilton plating consists of gold, with some nickel and copper added. It is named after the Hamilton Watch Company, who used this plating on their watches in the 1950-70 period. It is a pale-yellow colour, understated but distinctly warm and is the hardest and most durable of gold-plating. The Hamilton plating makes a noticeable difference to the tone of the instrument, making it darker, while adding tonal clarity and projection. A totally different sound to the CSG, but the only difference is the plating.
The YCL-CSGIIIH Custom clarinet is the culmination of years of development. Developed closely with Jerome Voisin, solo clarinet with Orchestre Philharmonique de Radio France, the new CSG has a warm yet focused sound, surrounded by a wealth of overtones, resulting in extraordinary beauty and expression.
The barrel on the YCL-CSGIIIH has a thicker wall and is now 1.5mm shorter than the previous model. This new configuration gives the player a deep tone colour with rich resonance as well as creating more resistance.
A change to the tone hole design has maximised the balance between intonation and projection and a new, thicker plating has created a more flexible instrument creating an intense, brilliant sound. This all adds to the instrument’s projection.
The Yamaha YCL-CSGIIIH comes in a superb hard case with two parts, an inner hard case and an outer fabric shell, allowing for different options depending on your circumstances. If you need to carry your instrument in a back-pack, you can remove the outer shell and just use the sturdy hard case. Otherwise, the outer shell provides multiple options for carrying, along with plenty of storage.
The outer case features a large, zipped music pocket. There is also a sturdy side handle and a detachable shoulder strap. This case is versatile, practical and strong with a modern design.
*** Please Note: Collection only due to the nature of the instrument. Located in Wolverhampton. ***
- Custom model professional clarinet
- Hamilton gold-plated keywork
- Hand selected African Blackwood (grenadilla) body, unstained, to show the grain
- Cylindrical bore structure, for a clear focused sound
- Small taper & undercut tone holes
- Shorter barrel adding depth to the sound
- Lined & raised C#/G# hole, to restrict water entry on this vulnerable note
- Special pads with resonators, to enhance clarity
- No bell ring, adding warmth and resonance to tone
- Ergonomically designed alternate G#/Eb lever
- Adjustable thumb rest
- Resonance chamber in bell
- 2 barrels
- Yamaha Custom 5CM mouthpiece
- Superior fitted hard case and soft outer cover with zipped outer accessory pocket